The college, under the auspices of City of Dublin ETB, offers full-time Level 5 and Level 6 programmes running from September to May. The Courses on offer are designed with input from Industry and are aimed at ensuring graduates will leave the programme with skill sets enabling them to take up employment or progress to further training and education. Courses are aimed at school leavers, adult learners, those wishing to progress to university programmes and those looking for a career change.
Upon successful completion, courses may enable graduates:
- to go directly into employment
- to become self-employed
- to progress to further education and training including Traineeships and Apprenticeships
- to progress to Third-Level programmes
Further education programmes at Plunket College of Further Education offer many benefits:
- Qualifications are nationally and internationally recognised.
- Significant cost savings compared to applying directly to third-level.
- Programmes enable full-time employment.
- Well established progression links to Universities and Institutes of Technology.
- Work Experience element on every programme allowing learners to gain insight into a particular career.
- Experienced teachers who will drive you towards success.
- Helps students who cannot decide on a particular study path.
- Students thrive when immersed in an area of interest.
- Provides an ideal foundation in a subject area before committing to a full time degree.
- Introduces you to the college environment in a smaller, more supported setting.
- Introduces you to the third-level method of assessment.
- Shows you how to approach projects, assignment writing and referencing.
- Students who do a PLC before third level are more successful in third level.