Fees for Post leaving Certificate Courses vary from €260.00 to €300.00, plus €200.00 government levy. Please note the government levy is refundable or exempt from payment to medical card holders, SUSI grant recipients and students in receipt of BTEA (Back to Education Allowance) or VTOS (Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme).
- The fee for Leaving Certificate is €40.00
- The fee for Repeat Leaving Certificate is €300 or if students have a current medical card the course fee is €173.
- There are no fees for BTEI (Back to Education Initiative) courses.
- There are no fees for VTOS (Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme) courses.
PLC Course Fees excluding PLC Contribution €200.00
|Accounting Technician First Year (ATI)||€260.00||€730.00|
|Accounting Technician Second Year (ATI)||€120.00||€505.00|
|Carpentry and Joinery||€300.00|
|Motor Vehicle Maintenance||€300.00|
|Introduction to Counselling and Psychology||€260.00|
|Pre University Arts – Third Level Access||€260.00|
|English Language, Business and IELTS Preparation||€260.00|
|Construction Technology with Draughting||€300.00|
|Business and IT||€260.00|
|Furniture Craft and Design||€300.00|
|Pre Apprenticeship – Motor Vehicle Maintenance||€300.00|
|Pre Apprenticeship – Construction||€300.00|
|Pre Apprenticeship – Carpentry and Joinery||€300.00|
|Pre University Arts||€260.00|
|Language and European Studies||€260.00|
|English Language, Business Skills and IT Skills||€260.00|
|Cúram Leanaí – Cúnamh Riachtanais Speisialta||€260.00|
Online Payments Terms and Conditions
City of Dublin ETB (CDETB) / Plunket College of Further Education can now accept payments online for fees and other charges.
Sources of Financial Support
1. PLC Maintenance Grant
Means-tested maintenance grants are available to eligible students attending approved full-time courses of further education in approved Post Leaving Certificate (PLC) centres, of which Plunket College of Further Education is one.
Applications can be made online to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) through www.susi.ie.
2. Back to Education Allowance (BTEA)
The Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) allows people in receipt of certain social welfare payments to retain those payments whilst participating in approved full-time courses in further education. See www.welfare.ie or www.studentfinance.ie for further details.
3. Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS)
This scheme allows unemployed adults (aged 21 years and older) to engage in education and training without losing their benefits. All our students may apply for the VTOS programme, including PLC students. There is a limited number of VTOS places so it is best to apply for a VTOS place early in the year of entry. Applicants must be in receipt of one of a number of the qualifying Social Welfare payments (see page 35) for at least six months (156 days) on the starting date of the course.
The Benefits of the VTOS programme:
- No fees
- Return to Education
- Payments equal to the rate of your current Social Welfare payment
- Meal Allowance
- Free Book Loan system and Free Materials
- You may be eligible for a Travel Allowance
- Eligibility for subsidised crèche services under the CETS (Childcare, Employment and Training Scheme) scheme