VTOS eligible students may apply for all Full-Time Pre-Apprenticeship, Leaving Certificate and Post Leaving Certificate courses.
You can join VTOS if:
- You are aged 21 years or over and,
- Currently in receipt of one of the following:
- Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance or signing for credits for at least 6 months or
- Getting One-Parent Family Payment, Disability Allowance, *Illness Benefit or *Invalidity Pension for at least 6 months or
- Getting Blind Pension, Deserted Wife’s Allowance/Benefit, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Non-Contributory Pension or Prisoner’s Wife’s Allowance for at least 6 months (conditions may apply in the case of these payments) or
- A dependent spouse, civil partner or cohabitant of an eligible person
- An adult who is in Direct Provision and is the holder of a permission to access the labour market.
- A person who received statutory redundancy but who has not been in receipt of a qualifying payment for the required period.
- Periods spent on FET training courses, Community Employment Schemes, Job Initiative, Youthreach programmes and time in prison can count towards the qualifying period.
* If you are claiming Illness Benefit or Invalidity Pension you will be required to apply to DEASP for permission to take your place on the course while retaining your payment.