QQI Level 4 Component Award
This course aims to give the adult learner enhanced language, literacy, numeracy and IT skills while also developing the skills to safely carry out basic home repairs and maintenance tasks. This skill set may lead to employment or to higher studies.
- Communications (4N0689)
- Mathematics (4N1987)
- Information Technology Skills (4N1125)
- Home Repair and Maintenance (4N3774)
Course content may be revised for educational or organisational reasons.
- You are aged 21 years or over and,
- Currently in receipt of one of the following:
- Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance or signing for credits for at least 6 months or
- Getting One-Parent Family Payment, Disability Allowance, *Illness Benefit or *Invalidity Pension for at least 6 months or
- Getting Blind Pension, Deserted Wife’s Allowance/Benefit, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Non-Contributory Pension or Prisoner’s Wife’s Allowance for at least 6 months (conditions may apply in the case of these payments) or
- A dependent spouse, civil partner or cohabitant of an eligible person
- An adult who is in Direct Provision and is the holder of a permission to access the labour market.
- A person who received statutory redundancy but who has not been in receipt of a qualifying payment for the required period.
- Periods spent on FET training courses, Community Employment Schemes, Job Initiative, Youthreach programmes and time in prison can count towards the qualifying period.
* If you are claiming Illness Benefit or Invalidity Pension you will be required to apply to DEASP for permission to take your place on the course while retaining your payment.