English Language, Business & IT QQI L5

QQI Level 5 Major Award: Business Studies

This course is intended primarily for students whose first language is not English. It provides a foundation in Business & information Technology and it may facilitate students interested in proceeding to more specialised programmes in further education.

  • English as a Second Language (ESOL) (5N1632)
  • Business Administration (5N1610)
  • Word Processing (5N1358)
  • Marketing Practice (5N1400)
  • Customer Service (5N0972)
  • Communications (5N0690)
  • Work Experience (5N1356)
  • Information and Administration (5N1389)

Course content may be revised for educational or organisational reasons.

A standard of knowledge, skill and competence equialent to NFQ Level 4.

VTOS Eligibility.

QQI Level 5 Major Award: Business Studies 5M2102

Students can progress through the Higher Education Links scheme.

  • You are aged 21 years or over and,
  • Currently in receipt of one of the following:
    • Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance or signing for credits for at least 6 months or
    • Getting One-Parent Family Payment, Disability Allowance, *Illness Benefit or *Invalidity Pension for at least 6 months or
    • Getting Blind Pension, Deserted Wife’s Allowance/Benefit, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Non-Contributory Pension or Prisoner’s Wife’s Allowance for at least 6 months (conditions may apply in the case of these payments) or
    • A dependent spouse, civil partner or cohabitant of an eligible person
    • An adult who is in Direct Provision and is the holder of a permission to access the labour market.
    • A person who received statutory redundancy but who has not been in receipt of a qualifying payment for the required period.
    • Periods spent on FET training courses, Community Employment Schemes, Job Initiative, Youthreach programmes and time in prison can count towards the qualifying period.

* If you are claiming Illness Benefit or Invalidity Pension you will be required to apply to DEASP for permission to take your place on the course while retaining your payment.