QQI Level 4 & 5 Minor Awards and ECDL
This one year full time course at QQI Level 4 is designed to equip VTOS students with a range of computer and office skills.
- Computer Essentials
- Word Processing
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Powerpoint Presentations
- IT Security
- Access Databases
- Online Essentials
QQI Level 4/5 in:
- Business English (4N1108)
- General Office Skills (4N1116)
- Deskop Publishing (5N0785)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Mathematics (4N1987)
- Data Entry (4N113)
- Word Processing (4N1123)
Course content may be revised for educational or organisational reasons.
“Having studied at Plunket College, I am now in my second year at DCU. I am currently working towards gaining a double bachelors degree in Human Development and English Literature. None of this would have been possible without the support of the teachers and friends I made while attending Plunket College”
No formal education or qualifications are required. A standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3.
- You are aged 21 years or over and,
- Currently in receipt of one of the following:
- Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance or signing for credits for at least 6 months or
- Getting One-Parent Family Payment, Disability Allowance, *Illness Benefit or *Invalidity Pension for at least 6 months or
- Getting Blind Pension, Deserted Wife’s Allowance/Benefit, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension, Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Non-Contributory Pension or Prisoner’s Wife’s Allowance for at least 6 months (conditions may apply in the case of these payments) or
- A dependent spouse, civil partner or cohabitant of an eligible person
- An adult who is in Direct Provision and is the holder of a permission to access the labour market.
- A person who received statutory redundancy but who has not been in receipt of a qualifying payment for the required period.
- Periods spent on FET training courses, Community Employment Schemes, Job Initiative, Youthreach programmes and time in prison can count towards the qualifying period.
* If you are claiming Illness Benefit or Invalidity Pension you will be required to apply to DEASP for permission to take your place on the course while retaining your payment.